Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 links
ruogu1234 Offline

06.11.2019 06:38
attitude hit a two-run homer in the sixth Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Before leaving frigid Progressive Field, Nick Swisher delivered a final message in his signature style. "Happy Bro-pening day everyone," he yelled. Swisher made the Indians home opener one to remember. Clevelands first baseman with the infectious attitude hit a two-run homer in the sixth inning, two batters after Yan Gomes connected for a solo shot, leading the Indians to a 7-2 home-opening win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday. Swishers homer off Mike Pelfrey (0-1) allowed the Indians to cap a day of pomp and pageantry as they celebrated Progressive Fields 20th anniversary. Before the sixth, the Indians had been shut out by Pelfrey and were in danger of disappointing a sellout crowd that stuck around following a 2-hour, 13-minute rain delay and plummeting temperatures. But Swisher, who added a run-scoring double in Clevelands four-run seventh, helped the Indians win their first home opener since 2008. "I was just so proud of the way the guys fought, man," Swisher said. "Maybe that will be the identity of this team -- the fact that were gonna fight. And regardless of the situation or the obstacle in front of us, were always gonna take that head-on." Indians reliever Josh Outman (1-0) recorded two outs after coming in for starter Danny Salazar in the sixth and got the win. Michael Brantley hit a two-run single in the seventh for the Indians, who were flat and hitless through four innings. But Gomes and Swisher woke the Indians up in the sixth when they finally figured out Pelfrey. "Guys were talking in the dugout and theres the fifth inning, were down 2-0, havent even gotten a hit at that point," Swisher said. "Guys were saying, Hey, we stick around long enough, were gonna get this. And thats a great feeling to have." Chris Colabello homered for the Twins, who jumped on Salazar for two runs in the first inning and were coasting toward a win when Pelfrey fell apart. "It kind of ruins the whole day, no matter how the first four innings went," Pelfrey said. "The game got away from me. It was kind of like a kick in the stomach." Gomes got things started in the sixth with his leadoff homer, a lined shot into the centre-field bullpen to trim Minnesotas lead to 2-1. Lonnie Chisenhall walked and Nyjer Morgan sacrificed. Up came Swisher, who fell behind 0-1 before belting his homer, a towering fly pushed deeper into the right-field seats by the gusty winds. Swisher posed to watch the balls flight and then punctuated the homer by flipping his bat as he headed down the first-base line. After crossing home plate, the Ohio native saluted Clevelands crowd by raising his arms and making an "O" and then "H" an "I" and "O." It was typical Swisher -- animated and enthusiastic. "I think everybody gets a kick out of it," Indians manager Terry Francona said of Swishers theatrics. "Maybe not the other team. But I think our guys like it." Said Swisher: "Im going to be who I am." Before the game, Swisher complimented Clevelands front office for signing All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis to a six-year, $52.5 million contract hours before the opener. "Bro, I think its awesome, so amazing," he said. "I feel that were starting to create an identity of who we are." That process began last season, when the Indians won their last 10 games to make the playoffs for the first time since 2007. They lost the wild-card game to Tampa Bay, but Cleveland entered this season with expectations to go even further this October. Until then, Swisher wants everyone to stay warm. "Everybody go home and get a hot cocoa," he said. NOTES: Cleveland has won seven straight over Minnesota. ... Kipnis signing means 16 of the 25 players on the Indians roster are signed through at least 2016. ... Twins manager Ron Gardenhire has a special fondness for Progressive Field, known as Jacobs Field for most of its history. "I love this place," he said. "Its a beautiful atmosphere with the city in the background and the dude banging on the drum out there. Not too many ballparks have fans sitting right next to your dugout in a glassed-in area offering you a beer." ... Former Indians manager Mike Hargrove threw out the ceremonial first pitch, skipping it to first-base coach Sandy Alomar, who played for Hargrove. Custom USA Soccer Jerseys . However, the 38-year-old is in no hurry to sign with another team. "Im not in a rush. This will be my last contract, so I want to do it right," said Burris on Thursday. USA Soccer Store . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. https://www.cheapusasoccer.com/ . They have homered once every 27.3 at bats, which just happens to be the third best mark in the American League, albeit just 10 games into the season. Fake USA Soccer Jerseys . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted that its believed the Flames are working towards a new contract with the defenceman. Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys . Vinci also beat Dulgheru last week in Bucharest en route to her first WTA final in a year. Vinci next faces sixth-seeded Kurumi Nara of Japan, who beat Czech qualifier Katerina Siniakova 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-2. No.Its spring - and with the new season its time to break out the bleu, blanc et rouge and the black and gold. For the 34th time, the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins meet in postseason play as the age-old rivals face off tonight in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference second round series at TD Garden. You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal or on TSN.ca/Montreal. While Montreal has won 24 series between both clubs, the Bruins have won seven of the last 11, including the last two. "I knew that part of playing for the Montreal Canadiens is there were rivalries and a lot of history," said Montreal blueliner P.K. Subban this week. "At the end of the day, well probably talk about it for the next three or four days but once the puck drops, it doesnt matter what rivalry or history there is. "Its just a matter of winning. Then, after the game, well talk abut history and whatever." It wont be the first Bruins-Canadiens series for Montreal coach Michel Therrien. During his first stint with the Canadiens, he won a first-round series in six games over Boston in 2002 before losing in the next round to Carolina. "I was a lot younger at the time and had more hair," said Therrien. "But (Bruins coach) Claude (Julien) has a lot of experience too. "Its a challenge for both teams." The Canadiens had nine days off after their 4-0 series sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning, practice with nearly the same line combinations as they had in Round 1. Theres one change that could be in place for Game 1 with Travis Moen instead of MMichel Bournival on the fourth line with Daniel Briere and Dale Weise.dddddddddddd Bruins winger Brad Marchand was not on the ice for Thursdays morning skate. In his place was Daniel Paille, who missed the first round of the playoffs after suffering a head injury. Bruins coach Claude Julien wouldnt comment on Marchands status other than to say that he "took his option." Thursdays morning skate was optional. Carey Price starts in net for Montreal against Vezina Trophy nominee Tuukka Rask. The regular season wasnt much of a struggle for Rasks Bruins and neither was their first-round matchup against the Detroit Red Wings with a 4-1 series win. And a showdown with the Habs has had special meaning for Boston head coach Claude Julien, who was hired by the Bruins after being let go by the Canadiens (save for a shorter stint with the New Jersey Devils). Tonight will mark the fourth time the two teams have squared off in the playoffs since Julien took over behind the bench. "I hated Boston when I was in Montreal, and now I hate Montreal because Im in Boston," Juilen said after practice on Tuesday. "Its a good rivalry. I think it always has been a good rivalry. Its a lot of fun and I think the players get up for these games. As a coach, you dont have to do much of a pep talk when it comes to playing each other. Its more about controlled emotions. The rivalry is what it is, but that your game still remains a game thats under control. I think thats going to be the big challenge for everyone in this series." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz