Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 links
ruogu1234 Offline

20.11.2019 07:53
qualifier so theres not much pressure that there Antworten

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Its easy to spot Clay Matthews at Packers practice, with his long blond hair protruding from his helmet and on to his neck and shoulders. When the veterans are getting a break, the pass-rushing outside linebacker can often be found taking a breather next to A.J. Hawk, the durable inside linebacker. After some doubt, theyll be together again this weekend to face the Detroit Lions. The Packers bye week did wonders for Matthews and his sore hamstring. "Well I mean we obviously had the bye week, which helped out as far as" getting healthy, Matthews said Thursday. "It was a fortuitous bye week, Ill say that." The TV commercial star and the eight-year veteran. The energized Matthews, in his fifth season, and the well-spoken, blue-collar Hawk. Mainstays of the Packers starting linebacking corps since 2009. So many games against NFC North foes like the Lions, it must make playing them seem like second nature. Wrong, said Hawk. Especially with Reggie Bush in the mix now in Detroit to join receiver Calvin Johnson to give opposing defences headaches. "And the truth is, Ive been part of a lot of games like that. You go in with all these things that you think are 100 per cent, and they can change in division games," Hawk said. "I need these days leading up to every game. I need every rep I can get because were working on so many different looks and so many different things." Sounds like sage comments a grizzled veteran would say. Hawk agreed to a pay cut in the off-season, not worried about outside perception of the deal. Hawk has also taken heat from fans about perhaps being a step slow, or not making enough big plays. But he does make tackles -- 28 this year, second behind Brad Jones, and a team-high 145 last season. Hes also durable, having played in 123 of a possible 125 games while in Green Bay. Its all in the preparation, Hawk said, at least until Sunday. "I have little tips in the back of my head that Ive written down all week," he said. "But I know once Im out there, we just need to run around and make plays." Which is exactly what Matthews is known for, becoming one of the leagues most popular defensive players. His No. 52 jerseys might be outnumbered in the Lambeau Field stands only by the No. 12 jerseys for Aaron Rodgers among current players. When hes on the field, Matthews fires up the crowd and his teammates. When hes on the sideline with a hamstring injury, like when he was knocked out of the Bengals game two weeks ago, it gives the green-and-gold fans a scare. Matthews missed four games last season with a hamstring problem. He quickly reminded reporters Thursday that when he returned, Dec. 16 at Chicago, he had two sacks. "The first part of getting over a hamstring strain is healing, and obviously I cant control that," Matthews said. "But coming back, the final hurdle you have to overcome is mentally are you comfortable with exerting 100 per cent effort or even more so. I wouldnt put myself out there if I wasnt." In his fifth season in the league, Matthews still possesses the wide-eyed eagerness of a rookie. But that experience is building up in his brain, beneath those trademark locks, especially when it comes to dealing with his hamstring. Matthews was playing well with two forced fumbles and a sack against Cincinnati before departing. It was a joint decision with medical staff and coaches. "I just told them where I was at and how I felt and moving forward what the smart thing would be," Matthews said. "At that point in the game, with that lead, too, I felt like it was the wise decision." The Packers went on to cough up their 16-point lead. But its a long season. After the early bye, the Packers will have to play 13 straight weeks. "I think Ive become a lot smarter. Obviously a younger player would have kind have pressed the issue, maybe hurt himself even more so," Matthews said. "But I think were smart with the events that took place in Cincinnati and where were at now, so fortunately there will be no time missed." Nike Air Max Pas Cher . As future stars prepare to make the big leap to the professional ranks, TSNs Draft Week delivers wall-to-wall coverage of both the NHL and NBA Entry Drafts, highlighted by exclusive live coverage of both events. Air Max 270 Homme Pas Cher . Coetzees finish, with six birdies and no bogeys, took him to 19-under 268 overall and past South African compatriots Thomas Aiken and Justin Walters, the overnight co-leaders. Coetzee was flawless on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club to clinch his maiden title after 24 top 10 finishes. http://www.maxnikepascher.fr/destockage-air-vapormax/vapormax-97.html . "Youre not really spending time to sit back and analyze what your competitions doing and things like that," Anthopoulos said. "Youre so focused on what were trying to get done." Ultimately, while the landscape around them changed with trades both major and minor, the Blue Jays did nothing before Thursdays non-waiver deadline. Air Max 95 Femme Pas Cher .7 million, one-year contract.The deal, announced Friday, includes a $50,000 performance bonus if the left-hander appears in 60 games. Air Max 97 Homme Solde .Before a raucous sellout crowd, the Hawks won for the 29th time in 31 games to extend their Eastern-best record to 36-8.As usual, pretty much everyone chipped in.Four starters were in double figures and backup point guard Dennis Schroder led a spurt at the start of the fourth quarter that helped the Hawks pull away.SEATTLE -- Clint Dempsey didnt have much to say about the two-game suspension he received from Major League Soccer. Fourteen words to be exact. "Disappointed. I dont agree with it. It is what it is and move on," Dempsey said after the Seattle Sounders wrapped practice on Thursday. The real concern for some is that the suspension came right before a major U.S. national team exhibition against Mexico next Wednesday. By the time Dempsey takes the field against Mexico in Glendale, Ariz., it will have been more than two weeks since Dempsey last played. And while its just an exhibition, its significant because it will be the last U.S. match before World Cup camp begins in May. "Its a friendly, its not a World Cup qualifier so theres not much pressure that there would be if it was a World Cup qualifying game," Dempsey said. "But its still exciting to represent your country and to play against one of your rivals." Dempsey was suspended and fined for violent conduct toward Toronto FC defender Mark Bloom in a March 15 match. Dempsey hit Bloom in the stomach/groin area, a blow not seen by officials but that was captured by television cameras. Dempsey said after the match that he was trying to slap Blooms hand off his back and did not intend to strike his body. The MLS players union appealed but the suspension was upheld. Dempsey sat last week when Seattle won at Montreal and will be a spectator Saturday when the Sounders host Columbus. Hell return to MLS play on April 5 when Seattle travels to rival Portland. U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann was one of Dempseys most vocal supporters afteer the suspension was announced.dddddddddddd He was quick to point out the number of fouls Dempsey has taken since returning to MLS. "Its very disappointing to see Clint be the only person punished from this game," Klinsmann said last week. "There is a foul against him in the sixth minute that should have been a red card. The persistent fouling continued throughout the game, and hes getting punished for a reaction following all those fouls. Yes he made a mistake, but if opponents dont get penalized for consistently fouling, it only encourages them to continue that approach." According to stats provided by MLS, Dempsey is the most fouled player in the league since Aug. 10 of last season. Dempsey, the U.S. captain, appreciated Klinsmanns concern. "Yeah, for sure its always good that the manager has your back and I appreciate that," Dempsey said. "All I can do is keep working hard and keep working on my fitness after training and making sure I play well when Im with the national team, like I have always done in the past. And make sure I keep playing good with the national team moving forward and pay him back for his faith in me." Dempsey said one solution to the fouls would be for more yellow cards to be handed out earlier in the match. He believes that could create a better rhythm to the game. "I think its important to protect every player," Dempsey said. "The sooner you start giving the cards for reckless fouls then it cuts down on a lot of things and it makes the game more exciting to watch because there is more free flow to it." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz